• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC failed installation, Please help

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a new update I received today for Lightroom CC, I installed the update but the update stopped at 91% and failed to install update. I clicked on more information and this came up...

Exit Code: 156
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 156) executing in command 'CreateSymlinkCommand' for package: 'AdobeLightroom-mul', version:7.3.0.1164630
FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeLightroom-mul Version: 7.3.0.1164630). Error code: '156'
WARN: Unable to create symlink at "C:\Users\brian\OneDrive\Documents\..\Desktop\Adobe Lightroom Classic CC.lnk"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea what this means please help, I'm just a student trying to get this homework done but I need Lightroom CC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

BMA.Photographs, I am sorry but the error is still the same.  It still appears that the Desktop, and likely the rest of the User folder, are being synced to OneDrive.  Please try creating a new local administrator account to see if you are facing the same error.  If the problem continues then work with whoever set up the OneDrive so that it no longer attempting to sync the User folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's time find something else for this task. Making Lightroom a "cloud-centric" application is the biggest fraud Adobe has perpetrated yet on their users. These completely incompetent clowns can't handle processing an $80 credit card transaction and delivering an installer in a timely fashion - let alone some idiotic bastardization of an application that isn't even native to the computer it runs on. WHAT A STUPID IDEA THE CREATIVE CLOUD IS: Great for Adobe's profits, but complete shit on a shingle for anyone stuck using this garbage.

I AM DONE WITH THESE ASSHOLES.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jay Peterson, are you also facing Error 156 when installing Lightroom CC?  If so then please try the suggestions offered to BMA.Photographs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BMA.Photographs, sorry you are facing errors when installing Lightroom CC.  From the error message, the installer is facing difficulty writing the shortcut for Lightroom CC on the Desktop.  This may be because the Desktop is contained within the files synced by Dropbox?  The specific path of failure is C:\Users\brian\OneDrive\Documents\..\Desktop\Adobe Lightroom Classic CC.lnk.

I would recommend you temporarily suspend the syncing of the desktop folder, by Dropbox, to allow the Lightroom CC installation to complete.

For more details on Error 156 see Creative Cloud download and install errors .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I was able to get Lightroom CC working but Lightroom Classic is having problems now. The exit code 156 still pops up when I install Lightroom Classic. Would I have to remove files containing Lightroom Classic and then install after?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BMA.Photographs, is the error the same and it is failing to place a file on the desktop?  If so have you tried disabling the Dropbox sync of the Desktop folder to see if it resolves the error?  Is there a specific reason that the entire User folder is being synced to Dropbox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the error I get now for Lightroom Classic. I also disabled OneDrive which is where the files were saving in. But I have not tried uninstalling and installing Classic yet, should I do that?

Exit Code: 156
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 156) executing in command 'CreateSymlinkCommand' for package: 'AdobeLightroom-mul', version:7.3.1.1167660
FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeLightroom-mul Version: 7.3.1.1167660). Error code: '156'
WARN: Unable to create symlink at "C:\Users\brian\OneDrive\Documents\..\Desktop\Adobe Lightroom Classic CC.lnk"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BMA.Photographs, I am sorry but the error is still the same.  It still appears that the Desktop, and likely the rest of the User folder, are being synced to OneDrive.  Please try creating a new local administrator account to see if you are facing the same error.  If the problem continues then work with whoever set up the OneDrive so that it no longer attempting to sync the User folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines