Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Century Gothic license

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I’m a student and I’m using the Century Gothic font in Microsoft applications at university. I want to create a logo with this font for my semi-commercial homepage. Can you please tell me whether I need to purchase a license to publish my logo, which only contains individual characters of this font?

Thank you very much in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

The Century Gothic font family (a workalike / lookalike font family to ITC Avant Garde) is from Monotype and bundled by Microsoft with Windows.

You would need to contact Microsoft and query as to whether their EULA (End User License Agreement) restricts any such commercial use. Obviously, Adobe has no say about this since it isn't a font we supply.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Century Gothic font family (a workalike / lookalike font family to ITC Avant Garde) is from Monotype and bundled by Microsoft with Windows.

You would need to contact Microsoft and query as to whether their EULA (End User License Agreement) restricts any such commercial use. Obviously, Adobe has no say about this since it isn't a font we supply.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines