• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Neither Prelude or Media Encoder work with upgrade

Participant ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured these two would be safe to install/upgrade to as maybe they would include some bug fixes. but since upgrading, neither work. Prelude won't open. Media encoder gives me "Adobe Media Encoder has encountered an unexpected error and cannot continue."

Had to go back two versions to find a stable pairing.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but...no go.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please provide us more details of system configuration and the error message you got while upgrading. Please attach a screenshot of the error message if possible.

Thanks,

Tanzeem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't give you a screenshot as I had to delete Media Encoder and re-install 12.0.0.202 to get it working again. And Prelude wouldn't give any error message. it just wouldn't start...the icon would bounce...it would appear to be loading/opening for a while and then stop. I uninstalled both and tried to install fresh copies. I deleted all caches multiple times.

Prelude is now back to 7.0.0

Still slower than dirt since the 'upgrade' last year (takes a good 20 minutes for anything I try to ingest to transfer over to Media Encoder - something I've mentioned since day one and have gotten no response/help on.

I am running a MacPro using system 10.12.6 (because I'm afraid of upgrading any further and losing access to Encore, which I use almost as much as Muse...which is also going to be dead soon...yay)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same problem with Media Encoder. This worked for me:

Inside the "Library/Caches/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder" folder, delete (or move to the desktop) the folder named "12.0".

(/Users/USERNAME/Library/Caches/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/12.0)

The files inside are preventing Media encoder from launching. Next time you launch Media Encoder it should work correctly and this folder and files will be recreated with functioning versions.

I had the same issue with Premiere and it worked for that too. I don't use Prelude but I'd try deleting/moving/renaming the folder "/Users/USERNAME/Library/Caches/Adobe/Prelude/12.0" (may not be 12.0, whatever the latest version is)

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources