5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2018 7:36 AM by PECourtejoie

Issue with zoom and tablet in Photoshop

ethanp37255617 Level 1

I'm not quite sure what my specific problem is so I'm just going to try to describe it as well as I can.

I'm using a Wacom 27qhd tablet. I can draw normally, but then when I zoom in to a level that the artwork is larger than the working area (a size where if I held space to use the hand tool, I could scroll around the image), when I try to just draw with the tablet pen using the brush tool it drags around my image as though I'm holding space. I'll hold space and ctrl to try to zoom out and it will just drag around the image as well. I switch to eraser, marqee, etc. All of these highlight correctly, and the cursor changes accordingly, but they all just drag around my screen as though I'm holding space.

The oddest part is that sometimes I CAN draw. It seems to work when I draw at straight left or right lines or straight up and down lines. And once I start a working stroke, if I don't lift the pen I can draw normally until I do lift it.

Note: When this is happening the hand tool cursor is not visible and my keyboard's space key seems to be perfect working order. I tried this in Microsoft paint and it seems to not be happening at all which is why I'm thinking it's a PS issue, or at least a Wacom issue directly related TO photoshop.

I'm using the Wacom 27qhd on Windows 10.

I've updated the tablet drivers, photoshop, my keyboard driver, and graphics card drivers.
      I 'reset all tools' in photoshop

I removed the preference file and replaced it in photoshop

I uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop.

I've reset preferences in Wacom's settings and turned off the tablet multiple times.

I don't know if this will be helpful but I recorded a .gif of my screen when this is happening, in the video you can see that the brush "turns on" again in the middle of the scrolling. For the record, I held space and ctrl to zoom in, but pressed no other button during this recording. Imgur