1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 15, 2018 7:14 AM by Ged Traynor

Brush Glitching when using Tablet

rWhimsyHuddle

I'm using a Wacom Intuos Pro and haven't had any problems with it in the past, though when I opened photoshop today I was having problems with using the brush tool while zoomed in. The scroll bars on the sides of the screen turn grey and the image will shift to the top left corner of the canvas instead of drawing a line.

Initially I thought that it was just the tablet wire might have been damaged, but the problem persisted when I switched over to the wireless use. I don't seem to be having the problem when using the trackpad of my laptop, and it only seems to happen when I'm zoomed into the image.

I was working with the nvidia 3d plugins for photoshop earlier, though the problem persisted after uninstalling them to see if that was what had triggered it.

If you have any ideas of what caused it, or what I can do to try and solve the problem, this would be very helpful.

• 1. Re: Brush Glitching when using Tablet
          Ged Traynor Adobe Community Professional

Hi

You should try doing a forum search as this has been answered many times over the last couple of days

You have two choices

Try this

1. Use notepad to create a text file and type in :

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

2. Save the file as PSUserConfig.txt in the following location

C: > Users > Username > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings

3. Go to the Wacom tablet properties and for Photoshop under Mapping  uncheck "Use Windows Ink"

Or

1 Select everything inside the quotes here (don't include the quotes): “reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f”

2 Copy it with Ctrl + C on the keyboard.

3 Type Windows Key + X (together), a menu will appear

4 Then type "A" on the keyboard. That will give you an elevated administrator PowerShell command prompt.

5 Paste the command you copied into that window with Ctrl + V

6 Hit "Enter" on the keyboard

7 Reboot