• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ticket numbering in InDesign

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a client that I create tickets for professional dance competitions and there are (for example) 49 tables each with 14 seats. Is there a way to create a script to number like this? It is printed at the top and bottom of each ticket.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

I can remember doing a script similar to this. It would be helpful to know if you want the script in ExtendScript or AppleScript and if the tables are identified by name or label ("table1", "table2", etc.). I assume numbers will be consecutive starting with "table1" through "table49".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can remember doing a script similar to this. It would be helpful to know if you want the script in ExtendScript or AppleScript and if the tables are identified by name or label ("table1", "table2", etc.). I assume numbers will be consecutive starting with "table1" through "table49".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just learning about scripts so I am not sure which one to use. It would be Table 1 Seat 1 in consequtive order!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

-- You can use something like this to get a list of all the different labels.

-- From there, it depends on how your InDesign document and frames are set up

set numTables to 3

set numSeats to 5

set theLabels to {}

repeat with t from 1 to numTables

set theTable to "Table " & t

repeat with s from 1 to numSeats

set theSeat to "Seat " & s

set theLabels to (theLabels & (theTable & " " & theSeat))

end repeat

end repeat

return theLabels --> {"Table 1 Seat 1", "Table 1 Seat 2", "Table 1 Seat 3", "Table 1 Seat 4", "Table 1 Seat 5", "Table 2 Seat 1", "Table 2 Seat 2", "Table 2 Seat 3", "Table 2 Seat 4", "Table 2 Seat 5", "Table 3 Seat 1", "Table 3 Seat 2", "Table 3 Seat 3", "Table 3 Seat 4", "Table 3 Seat 5"}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines