• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the "Browse in Bridge" option?

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated from CS6 to CC 2018 in Premiere Pro and I can't found the "Browse in Bridge" option in File menu (I believe that option was disscontinued), what I can do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ElDesconocido,

What did you need to do in Bridge? Let us know, perhaps we can assist.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin - I just converted from Premiere Elements where I used the Organizer to tag and filter my media clips extensively. It was a very valuable tool and I don't want to lose that functionality with PrPro. According to https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/atv/cs5-cs55-video-tutorials/gs-03-importing-files-into-adobe-p..., we should be able to launch Bridge directly from PrPro but I also cannot find "Browse in Bridge" in my File menu (after installing Bridge, rebooting, etc.). How can we use Bridge with PrPro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, looks like I can simply drag and drop files from Bridge to the Project Panel in PrPro? Is that the answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Browse in Bridge in Premiere CC any more. Tutorial is for CS5. CS6 was the last version with that feature.

You can drag files from the Bridge into Premiere. But best is the use the Media Browser to avoid issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann - can I tag and filter my media with keywords just using the Media Browser? That's the functionality from Organizer that I don't want to lose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot use Organizer with Pr (dont think you can use it with any CC app).

Tagging etc is done in Prelude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What would be the reasoning behind this?  If this option is available in Photoshop, In-Design, Illustrator and AfterEffects, why leave it out of Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because according to data, not that many editors were using it, plus a couple years ago Bridge was on hiatus status while Adobe considered dumping it.

After they returned Bridge to active development status again it just wasn't brought back as an option for Pr.

It really should be, of course. There's the UserVoice system that is the direct means of communication with both the engineers and the upper managers who decide budgets and features. Search there for any already filed Bridge requests/ideas, and up-vote one.

Post a link back here, and maybe we can get a few more votes.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I go about posting that link?

I have to say, if they are going to revive it, they either need to go all the way or dump it. I just decided to relearn it via Lynda.com, but between the Premiere problem, the bug where video preview only works if you have Premiere open (sometimes) and a host of other little annoyances, I am considering dropping the whole thing after 3 hours of time this morning.

What I thought was going to be an interesting few hours of upskill has been spent mostly on forums trying to find out why things are not working, and I am only on the third tutorial in the Lynda sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just copy/paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, what I meant was (not phrased well), where is that UserVoice system? That is the first I have heard of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my computer I'd post the link. But just go to Overview page and it's a link near the top.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm not using Bridge anymore. I'm used it when I changed from CS5 to CC, but only to ease importing files. I'm working with projects with files that are downloaded to my PC during the edition. But I've now got used to import files from Windows's explorer. Before that, I used Bridge because I can import my files to Premiere with only doing double click. So, when I changed of version, I had been searching the "Browse in Bridge" option, but because this option isn't in Premiere anymore, I can't import files from Bridge with only double click.
Recently I realized that I can drag my files to Premiere's timeline only in CC, so I  have now used to import files from Windows's explorer. I can now organize my files from it's download hour and date, and for type of file (so I don't need now to downloading it in different subfolders). It seems that I don't need Bridge anymore, and in fact, I uninstalled Bridge.
But the Premiere's media browser leaves much to be desired. It can be improved. Premiere's browser doesn't have the option to organize and group the files from different aspects, as the creation or modification date, the type of file, and etcetera. I can send a screenshot so you can understand to what I refer:Captura de pantalla (41).png
(The files are grouped by the format, and are organized by it's modification date. If you need more details, you can send more answers ).

I believe that the Premiere's browser can be improved in this form.
You can realize that I speak spanish, so if my english is a little bad, sorry .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines