2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2008 5:53 AM by terradon

location of preferences file in Vista?

terradon
      According to the Fireworks CS3 help files, I should be able to delete the fireworks 9 preferences.txt file to return settings to defaults. I have used advanced search and also manually searched but can find no trace of this file. I'm logged on as administrator and have hidden files showing. Does anyone have any ideas?? I've got some weird things going on and I'd like to get back to all defaults.
      Don
        • 1. Re: location of preferences file in Vista?
          Level 7
          terradon wrote:
          > According to the Fireworks CS3 help files, I should be able to delete the
          > fireworks 9 preferences.txt file to return settings to defaults. I have used
          > advanced search and also manually searched but can find no trace of this file.
          > I'm logged on as administrator and have hidden files showing. Does anyone have
          > any ideas?? I've got some weird things going on and I'd like to get back to all
          > defaults.
          > Don

Hi Don,

On my machine it's located at

C:\Users\test\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Fireworks CS3\English

--
          Linda Rathgeber
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/members/8.html
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: location of preferences file in Vista?
            terradon Level 1
            quote:

Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
            terradon wrote:
            > According to the Fireworks CS3 help files, I should be able to delete the
            > fireworks 9 preferences.txt file to return settings to defaults. > Don
            Linda wrote:
            >On my machine it's located at
            >C:\Users\test\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Fireworks CS3\English
            --

THANK YOU!
            Silly me assumed that the file was correctly named in the help files, including the online version. Looking in the folder you suggested, I found that it is actually named Fireworks CS3 Prefferences.txt. Obviously, I never thought to look in a directory called English.