Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects stops "seeing" all codecs other than native ones

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There

My AE is playing up. Overnight it stopped using the codecs that I normally use. t displayed a warning message as per attached picture

AEP MESSAGE.png

I have contacted ADOBE support who blamed the third party codec - which has , and always have performed flawlessly - saying that it was probably the culprit.

If that was the case it would have happened when there as an app udpate or so. It stopped working just like that. Has anyone seen this or has any ideas on how to fix it. Going back to previous versions of AE or re-intalling it is a bit of a mess as I have a LOAD of extra plugins that I really do not want to upset.

Thanks for your help guys.

M

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

the latest update remove quite a lot of codecs. so if you had output preset using those, they are now disabled.

Dropped support for Quicktime 7 era formats and codecs

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surprisingly, it would help to know what codec you're talking about and where you got the plugin from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the latest update remove quite a lot of codecs. so if you had output preset using those, they are now disabled.

Dropped support for Quicktime 7 era formats and codecs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The codec i am talking about is a rather bad one (designed to bypass CPU and be decoded at GPU. gaming stuff) it is the HAP codec. I also use the DXV codec a lot. Stuff designed to be played in media servers. I understand that some - or a lot of support - may be disabled but I rendered one clip in the morning and it was fine and in the afternoon it wasn't. I didn't do an upgrade of anything in between whatsoever. When i updated to the latest CC everything transitioned well. As I said, rendered one clip well but failed the next and ever since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Miguel_R,

Add your vote and comment to the following feature request: Support the HAP codec – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines