• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Music Crossword Puzzle

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2016 I managed to create a very popular music crossword puzzle for my friends in Adobe Flash CS6. Also printed out on paper of course, so they could solve the puzzle with a pen. I exported it as a .swf-file, I connected a laptop to my TV, and used the stand-alone flashplayer to show it. They could see the clues on the TV-screen, and in the same time hear the music, as well as see guidlines where to write the answer.

It was quite simple in Flash CS6:

1. I made keyframes with labels, imported the soundfiles at each keyframe.

2. 25 buttons (same button-symbol) with quite simple actions, On release, Stop all sounds, go to FrameLabel "X" and stop, and the sound was playing. (And the previous sound stopped playing)

Now, I've spent several days to figure out how to to do this in Animate CC? But I'm totally lost! Help me please with all the new action-scripts!

The easiest way would be to use the previous FLA-file and just change the songs and clues, but that does not work in Animate CC or does it?

music_crossword_flash.jpg

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you made it in Actionscript 2, which isn't supported in Animate CC so you can't just swap out songs and clues in it unless you went back to using CS6. If you want to go back to CS6 but don't still have it, you can go to the Creative Cloud app, look for Animate, and on the drop down to the right of the Install/Update/Open button click to see older versions. CS6 will be there. Your other option would be to learn Actionscript 3. It was available back in CS6, but you could choose which you wanted to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks Myra! That sounds about right! I was looking for old versions but didn't found how to "re-install" it,...

Is my "problem" very hard to fix/achieve otherwise in Animate CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Re-writing an AS2 project in AS3 isn't hard as such, but it could be a lot of changes.

If you want to just install CS6 for now, and stay in AS2, the install option is somewhat buried. In the CC menu you can click the arrow next to Animate, to then get at the install for CS6. See this:

Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 9.34.32 AM.png

Once you have installed CS6, and you open it the first time, use the Help menu, Updates... You'll find there is an update to do, which you should. It fixes a number of things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines