2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2018 1:24 AM by BigRedMusey

Changing tools in Photoshop CS6 lags.

BigRedMusey Level 1

This has happened in the last few weeks or so, if I click on a tool on the left hand toolbar (Move tool, Brush tool, Clone stamp) there is a noticeable 2 second lag while PS thinks about changing the tool.

Now that is only when I click on the tool buttons, if I use keyboard shortcuts (which I'm more accustomed to) it will think for its 2 seconds, change the tool, then immediately change back to the tool I was on previously. So if I was using the Brush tool, I press 'V' to change to the Move tool, it thinks, pops over to the Move tool, then immediately pops back to the Brush tool.

So as of now I'm stuck having to manually click the tool buttons, which wouldn't be a problem if there wasn't that 2 second lag between changing. I've gone through various "Speed up your Photoshop" tip lists, to no avail. I've reduced my history states from 1000 to 300, increased the RAM allowance to just over 5gb (75%) assigned all my HDDs as Scratch disks, made various changes to the interface and whatnot, nothing's worked.

The usual dump of PC specs:

• CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K 3.5GHz
      • RAM: 8gb Dual Channel DDR3 1200MHz
      • MoBo: MSI Z97 Gaming 5
      • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX960

Anything to try and help is appreciated, thanks.

[EDIT]: Worth mentioning I also use a Wacom Intuos 4 Graphics tablet, although that has never interfered before?