5 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2018 10:40 AM by D Fosse

(CS6) Exporting to PDF gives a much smaller image size than the original canvas

­­­­

Normally I use CC at work, but at home I'm using CS6 because that's what I have.  I'm having an issue where my usual settings for PDF export are resulting in an unusually low-resolution image, and I can't figure out why.

This is my image size and resolution.

troubleshoot4.JPG

This is what it looks like at 100% zoom in Photoshop.

troubleshoot1.JPG

When I export to PDF, I select "High Quality Print", but change some of the settings, like so:

troubleshoot5.JPGtroubleshoot2.JPG

But no matter what I set the export settings to, the result always looks like this:

troubleshoot3.JPG

This is the first time something like this has ever happened to me, and I'm not quite sure what's going on.  I'm assuming it has something to do with the export settings, but what the exact issue might be, I don't know.  I also tried setting compression so that it downsamples to 300DPI for anything above 300DPI, JPEG Maximum quality, but that didn't work either.

This is for a 4"x6" postcard.  The image shows up slightly smaller than actual size on my monitor, but seeing as my monitor is 72DPI, it should appear much bigger than that, as it has for every other postcard I've designed before.  Because I'm working with actual images in these postcards, it's important that it be in its proper resolution.

Any advice would be helpful.  Thank you very much.