5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2008 7:37 PM by WebPiper

Text Shifts During Tween

WebPiper Level 1
      I have a text bar with five words/topics in it. Each word changes color as the topic changes in the presentation. I checked to make sure the x,y axis numbers are whole integers and are the same at the beginning and ending of the tween. During the tween, the word shifts up and to the right slightly, but ends up in the right place. It's noticeable in the playback. I saw another post in the forum about text shifting, but it is related to text that moves from one location to another. My text stays in the same place, so the x,y values do not change. I also made sure the W, H values are the same. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you, Shan-Dysigns for letting me know I should create a new post.
        • 1. Re: Text Shifts During Tween
          DLMAES Level 1
          I have come across this before too and the only way I could find a fix was when I created a tween, to first create the ending key frame of the tween before creating the middle keyframe where the text color attribute is applied. Does that make sense? It's the only I could get it to work. Then I would double check the coordinates to make sure there isn't a slight shift in the numbers. You also might just want to change the color of the text with a dynamic text field using actionscript instead of a tween, using something like:

this.btnDisplay.textColor = "0xFFFFFF";
          • 2. Re: Text Shifts During Tween
            Level 7
            You might try one of the tweening engines - I'd suggest Tweener, but even
            the built-in tweening classes should manage this without problem.

--
            Dave -
            www.offroadfire.com
            Head Developer
            http://www.blurredistinction.com
            Adobe Community Expert
            http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/

• 3. Re: Text Shifts During Tween
              Shandy Elliott Level 1
              Did you check your registration points? Do you have an example to look at?

?to first create the ending key frame of the tween before creating the middle keyframe where the text color attribute is applied. Does that make sense?" - I don't see how that would matter. If you are tweening properly, you should be able to place the symbol on a frame, extend the time line, hit F6 to enter another keyframe, edit that symbol, create the tween.

"this.btnDisplay.textColor = "0xFFFFFF"; " you don't need to use "this" and there are no quotes in 0xFFFFFF.
              • 4. Re: Text Shifts During Tween
                Shandy Elliott Level 1
                To clear things up, I mean your "transform" registration points. When you click on a symbol and hit "q" you go into free transform mode. Make sure that white dot is in the same position of the symbol at each key frame.
                • 5. Re: Text Shifts During Tween
                  WebPiper Level 1
                  It was the registration points. I had to zoom in to 2000% to see the problem. Thanks for solving this, Shan-Dysigns.