2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2008 8:24 PM by Newsgroup_User

Could not see more than 1 complex type

nash99
      Hi ,
      I am trying to save data entered in a datagrid by a webservice call .
      I need to send the data (in the dta grid) as a request to the webservice ,
      I will explain how my request object (requestObj) will be(at the time of sending the request)--
      there are three complex levels of data(in xml format)---
      first level has the "objA" which is a collection of "objB"(objects)
      "objB" - inturn is a collection of "values".
      I have all this data (objA-objB-values) in the requestObj (finally) , I need to send this requestObj as a request to the webservice.

The problem is I am not able to find if I am able tosend the data properly in the requestObj .
      Wen I try to check in the debug mode (Flex Builder 3) I could not see more than 1 complex level that is Iam able to just see the data in the objA (I need to know if I am able to send the data properly in the request ).
      The data in the objB and values appear to be null (But when I see the dataProvider of the dtagrid I can see all the data)

2.I even tried to "trace()" the data but as all the data is in objects I am not able to view the data.

I am trying to resolve this from quite a long time.
      Can any one help me out
      thanks
      Nash

• 1. Re: Could not see more than 1 complex type
          wyattbiker Level 1
          You should post some simplified code examples.
          • 2. Re: Could not see more than 1 complex type
            Level 7

"nash99" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:g8a9au$4pd$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Hi ,
            > I am trying to save data entered in a datagrid by a webservice call .
            > I need to send the data (in the dta grid) as a request to the webservice ,
            > I will explain how my request object (requestObj) will be(at the time of
            > sending the request)--
            > there are three complex levels of data(in xml format)---
            > first level has the "objA" which is a collection of "objB"(objects)
            > "objB" - inturn is a collection of "values".
            > I have all this data (objA-objB-values) in the requestObj (finally) , I
            > need
            > to send this requestObj as a request to the webservice.
            >
            > The problem is I am not able to find if I am able tosend the data properly
            > in
            > the requestObj .
            > Wen I try to check in the debug mode (Flex Builder 3) I could not see more
            > than 1 complex level that is Iam able to just see the data in the objA (I
            > need
            > to know if I am able to send the data properly in the request ).
            > The data in the objB and values appear to be null (But when I see the
            > dataProvider of the dtagrid I can see all the data)
            >
            > 2.I even tried to "trace()" the data but as all the data is in objects I
            > am
            > not able to view the data.
            >
            > I am trying to resolve this from quite a long time.
            > Can any one help me out

try trace(thedata.toXMLString())

HTH;

Amy