• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic adjustments/xmp files to cloud?

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using LR Classic and wondering if it's possible to have my adjustments/edits/xmp files/previews/collections/etc automatically uploaded to the cloud (but not my actual photo files) -  so that when I launch LR on either of the two computers that I use, the interface will be the same and all of the LR data that is on one computer will be shared by the other. If so, how do I do this? Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Automatically? Anything I can think of would be a cumbersome kluge, with lots of opportunity for user errors.

The best solution, with almost no possibility of user error, is to put all of your photos and your catalog file on an external HD and move the external HD from computer to computer.

If it's really that important, you could use the new Lightroom CC, this ought to do what you want, but your photos (and adjustments) will be stored in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. With Lightroom Classic CC it's possible to create collections that can be shared. Those shared collections can be viewed online at Lightroom.adobe.com Or on mobile devices on which you have downloaded the Lightroom mobile app. But there is no method of sharing everything between two computers via the cloud as you are describing. By going online from the other computer, it's possible to edit images (which are in reality smart previews and not full-sized images) and those adjustments that you make will be applied to the images on the computer from which the images were shared. Lightroom is not a multiuser application of any sort, unfortunately. Many users have requested such a feature, but it simply isn't part of the makeup of the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could do this by placing the entire catalog folder in a service like Dropbox. If you generate smart previews, you can do the edits on both computers, even when the originals are not on both computers. Make sure you give Dropbox enough time to sync.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines