Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview is too slow

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3xk5200 on Cyclone +1xk5200 on Fujitsu.pnghi at all,

i have a system composed by fujitsu celsius(dual xeon 2650) with GPU expander Cyclone-2707 with on board 3 Nvidia Quadro k5200 + another K5200 on fujitsu Workstation.

So, i have a 4k project with Adobe After Effect cc 2017 open in timeline of 15 seconds(much effect as Boris, RedGiant, ecc ecc), the preview is too too too slow. Play of this timeline is too slow.

i have enabled Mercury Cuda Engine, Raytraced 3d and other advice of nvidia and adobe documentation but i'havent solution.

AE use the GPU Acceleration for preview and play of timeline ?

i'haven't any discussion of it

thanks

Massimo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unless you are using the ray-traced renderer to create 3d depth to layers, do not use it! It is almost always slower than the classic renderer.

After Effects doesn't use the GPU for a whole lot. There are a number of effects that are GPU-accelerated now (and more seem to be coming in each new version of AE) , but their acceleration has nothing to do with the ray-traced renderer, so, again, please use the classic renderer.

How much experience do you have with After Effects? After Effects is not like a video editing program. It must render a preview and cache it before you can play it back in real time. The slowness you are experiencing might be perfectly normal and to be expected.

Another thing contributing to your slowness is that a lot of the effects in AE aren't very multithreaded. This means that a lot of things are going to render on just one core of your processor and your processor is only running at 2.0 GHz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines