Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CS6 gives error message that it appears to be "counterfeit'

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atul –

It’s not actually via the Creative Cloud – it’s a CS6 Creative Suite Standard package downloaded in 2012 that I’m trying to install in a new Windows 10 (64 bit) machine.

Photoshop, Illustrator (64 bit versions) and Acrobat X Pro installed fine, but InDesign would not – error message said it appeared to be ‘counterfeit’ :

Any help much appreciated!

Gareth.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Branching to a new discussion.

Gareth, I am sorry you are facing errors installing InDesign CS6, as part of Creative Suite 6 Design Standard, on Windows 10.  Are you using the retail installation files at Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications  to download and install CS6?

Can you please post a screenshot of the current error, Gareth.  I am not familiar with the exact messaging that you offered in your post.  Information on how to post a screenshot can be found at FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching to a new discussion.

Gareth, I am sorry you are facing errors installing InDesign CS6, as part of Creative Suite 6 Design Standard, on Windows 10.  Are you using the retail installation files at Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications  to download and install CS6?

Can you please post a screenshot of the current error, Gareth.  I am not familiar with the exact messaging that you offered in your post.  Information on how to post a screenshot can be found at FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video? .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I believe so – I was sent a link by one of your help desk colleagues and downloaded from there.  All worked except InDesign – I then tried installing it separately and got this error message :

Gareth Williams  AEIGCA

<Removed by Moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gareth, please be aware that you are posting to a public discussion forum.  This forum is accessible to anyone with Internet access.  If you do wish to respond via e-mail then please turn off your e-mail signature.  I have edited your previous post to remove your personal information.

I am sorry, Gareth, but the error image is not visible.  For information on how to post an image, to your public forum discussion, see FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video? .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines