3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2008 5:53 PM by jesse-pro

controlling flash in html.

jesse-pro
      Here is my problem hopefully someone can help me.

I need my swf to load a new level on a specific webpage url.

There are a few ways I can think of doing this. (I am not a coder at all so bare with me)

(a) inside flash a code that says this. If on www.webpage.com load swf on level 1000.
      (b) in html, I have no idea how to control flash, could move it to another frame. that would work. :)

and I'm sure there is something I don't know. Please guys I am really stuck and need to figure this out.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks !
        • 1. Re: controlling flash in html.
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          what are you trying to do?
          • 2. Re: controlling flash in html.
            ZodiacHSX Level 1
            Sounds to me like you need this:

[quote]LOL, Adobe is definately paranoid... I can't write l-o-c-a-t-i-o-n in a post... so just remove the "-" in l-o-c-a-t-i-o-n below

uh... maybe I'm completely wrong, but how about using ExternalInterface.call to access a Javascript function

In HTML:
            <script type="text/javascript">
            function getLocation(){
            return(document.l-o-c-a-t-i-o-n.href);
            }
            </script>

From what I read you need to allow script access explicitly for this to work.
            <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" />

In AS:
            import flash.external.*;
            String(ExternalInterface.call("getLocation"));[/quote]
            • 3. Re: controlling flash in html.
              jesse-pro Level 1
              Hi, here is the site. Zoe Tobago , I am using word press so each time you go to a different page it loads the same swf in each. on the about page I need it to go to frame 2 so that it can have the sub navigation. Thats what I am trying to accomplish. I have no idea how and that java script is a bit over my head. I am not that pro.