• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update support for reinstalled CS6

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had CS6 installed on 2 machines. On March 21, 2018 at 3:20pm I disabled it on one of the machines (old laptop). I successfully installed the CS6 program in my new laptop yesterday. However when I went to update the program via "Updates" in the program menu I got the following error message..."The update server is not responding". I went to my desktop computer and tried the same update process and the server did respond correctly. So I feel that somehow when I disabled the old laptop it did not update your system to show that I had room for the new laptop on my license. Please advise on how to obtain the updates for CS6 on my new laptop. The laptop is HP running Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Greggg30171833, sorry for the confusion.  The updates for Creative Suite can be found under the individual product titles on the page referenced by Kglad in message #1.

For example, the updates for Photoshop CS6 are available at Adobe - Photoshop : For Windows .  You will need to download the updates from each page and apply them locally to update Creative Suite 5.5 or Creative Suite 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update by downloading the files directly and then applying them:  http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

[moved from Installing, Updating, & Subscribing to Acrobat to Downloading, Installing, Setting Up]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question remains unanswered since the page DOES NOT provide updates for CS6. I have the same problem.

I have just rebuilt a Windows 7 machine... for a number or reasons.

I reinstalled CS6 Master Suite on this original machine from the original install media using the original serial number.

The programs installed and run, but will not update.

Does anyone know where the CS6 updates are on the Adobe site?

Does anyone know where to download the latest version of CS6? (That's what I was able to do with QuickBooks 2011.)

Are update files cached on the local machine as they are installed? Can I find them on my backups?

if not, can I simply restore updated program files from previous backups, or do I need to apply registry changes.

Does anyone know if any of the updates make registry changes?

Finally, why am I here asking these questions? I am trying to do a routine thing.

I do not have these problems with other software I acquired about the same time, and none of that software cost $2500.

There is no excuse for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the link in message 1 is correct.  you must update each suite program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked at the linked page for Creative Suite / Windows?

I see updates for CS5 and earlier versions on that page.

I see no updates for CS5.5. (I earlier installed CS5.5 for another machine.)

As I said above, I also see no updates for CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i see cs6 updates.

i see cs5.5 upates (for programs that had a cs5.5 version)

what cs6 update are you seeking?

what cs5.5 update are you seeking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeking the updates for the product titled "Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection", as I indicated above.

Within the downloads page there is a link under "Creative Suite" titled "Windows". That page appears to list updates for all packages in Creative Suite up to and including CS 5, but no others. That page is where I expected to find the updates for CS 6.

I do see links for 17 of the 19 programs included in the Master Collection and the first few linksI have checked do provide CS6 updates.

I have "Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Master Collection" installed (in 2011) and currently updated on another machine. I would like to archive applicable updates for this product as well... in the event of a possible future rebuild. CS5.5 was released as a separate product. (I am looking at the title on the box containing the original install media. It is quite clear that was the case.)  I would prefer not to guess at which updates are applicable, so I would suggest that CS 5.5 be documented under the "Creative Suite"/Windows page linked from the download page.

I would suggest that you also include the CS 6 software on the page linked under "Creative Suite" titled "Windows" from the downloads page... if only for the sake of consistency. Although I see links for 17 or the 19 programs included in the Master Collection, I would point out that there are some additional administrative components installed with the Master Collection. Are there updates associated with these components?

In the meantime, I will begin downloading the updates for the individual programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greggg30171833, sorry for the confusion.  The updates for Creative Suite can be found under the individual product titles on the page referenced by Kglad in message #1.

For example, the updates for Photoshop CS6 are available at Adobe - Photoshop : For Windows .  You will need to download the updates from each page and apply them locally to update Creative Suite 5.5 or Creative Suite 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines