• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auras when exporting to smaller size

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with some photos i took at night, when exporting to a smaller size (than the original), this marks appear on the sky. Source files are D750 RAW, i tried seveal exporting settings and have no luck.

Do you have any idea how to get rid of this problem? thanks.

some photos:

1.png

_D757976.jpg2.png

and google drive link:

Muestras - Google Drive

thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

I think you are seeing "Banding" that is typical in JPG images when tonal compression changes from the 12-14 bit (16) image to the 8-bit image (regardless of the "quality" setting). Often more noticeable on areas like skies where the tones in the original change very smoothly.

For an excellent link on JPG compression go to- Jeffrey Friedl's Blog » An Analysis of Lightroom JPEG Export Quality Settings

Editing the image to introduce grain or noise to the areas that show banding is sometimes used as

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are seeing "Banding" that is typical in JPG images when tonal compression changes from the 12-14 bit (16) image to the 8-bit image (regardless of the "quality" setting). Often more noticeable on areas like skies where the tones in the original change very smoothly.

For an excellent link on JPG compression go to- Jeffrey Friedl's Blog » An Analysis of Lightroom JPEG Export Quality Settings

Editing the image to introduce grain or noise to the areas that show banding is sometimes used as a fix.

https://www.slrlounge.com/remove-banding-photoshop/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are awesome, thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines