• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete options under Sign As drop down

Participant ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to sign a document in Acrobat using my digital signature, I get a list of 6 options under the Sign As drop down from which to choose. Can I delete 4 of the options and keep only 2 of them?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jmt111,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Yes, you can delete Digital IDs which you don't want to use using the steps given in this link: Digital IDs in Acrobat

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam,

I tried following those instructions, but in Edit | Preferences, I do not have an option for Signatures or Identities and Trusted Certificates. Where do I need to go?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jmt,

Could you let us know if you Acrobat X installed on the machine? If yes, try clicking on Tools > sign & certify > More sign & certify > security settings > Digital IDs

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shivam: Yes, I am using Adobe Acrobat X.

I clicked on Tools towards the right of the Window (next to Comment) and then Sign & certify | More sign & certify | Security settings | Digital IDs | Remove. However, I need to know the password of the ID I am removing. I do not have the idea. The person who created it on my computer never gave it to me. Is there no way to remove the ID if I do not have the password?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jmt111,

Please try the troubleshooting steps given in the following threads discussing the similar issue:

https://acrobatusers.com/forum/security/forgot-password-digital-signature-acrobat/

"I've forgotten my password for my signature" [LOCKED]

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The following steps worked for me:

• Find the .pfx file (this is the digital ID) in AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\10.0\Security
  • Delete it;
  • Restart Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines