• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate CC 2018 has stopped working (loading screen), what do I do?

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello users,

I'm new to Adobe and I don't know much but I tried installing animate cc in order to learn some animations.

After opening the app, the loading screen appears but after the text "loading document templates" appears,

the apps in the desktop refreshes then a box appears saying adobe animate has stopped working followed

by "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you

if a solution is available." I tried to search for solutions and tried the ones I saw but it still doesn't work no

matter what i do. I am looking forward to animating objects but I can't at the moment. Any kind of help would

be so much helpful. Thank you.

*I'm using windows 10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Thank you for trying the solutions. If the last solution did not help, please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation. ^PK

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset your preferences -

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash/kb/re-create-preferences-flash-professional.html

(or remove Win:  C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Animate CC <version>\ and

C\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Animate\<version>\

Mac:   /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/<Animate CC version>/ and

/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Animate/<version>/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried it, still gets stuck at 'loading document template' for a while then the dialogue box appears again

saying it stopped working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall animate cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

use the desktop app to install animate cc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still doesn't work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'll try, thanks for the help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do post your solution here after your issue has been resolved. It will help other users with a similar issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still not working, i've tried almost everything but it can't seem to work
could it be because of compatibility issues or maybe because of the other apps installed in my pc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

other apps, yes.  you can test that by stating is safe mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying the solutions. If the last solution did not help, please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation. ^PK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines