• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to import into LRCC from multiple iPhones (same model iPhone) and be able to identify which image came from which device?

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My old workflow pre LRCC was importing from iPhones into LR via cable and renaming to identify source camera as apple devices don't have serial numbers, only phone model info. Unfortunately my family use the same model iPhones with one LR photography plan (20Gig) LRCC + Classic. I would love to use LRCC to import all images from these devices, but I need to identify the source device, so that bragging rights can be claimed by the right person! Any solutions. Alternatively I could use Mylio which pulls them into a unique folder, but that just adds unneccessary steps into the workflow.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a good answer for you since there's no filter with camera serial number.

One option is to have each family member add their copyright into settings in Lightroom mobile. That is viewable on the Info tab in LRCC Desktop. However, there isn't a filter to pull all the photos together based on that field.

Alternatively you could have your family members periodically select all their photos in LR mobile and add their name (or better yet "Laura  Phone") as a keyword - that would be searchable... but they would have to remember to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could set up separate named Albums for each user and Enable Auto Add for their Album on each users iPhone.

Any new photo taken should be added straight to their Album.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love it, selondon​ - thanks for coming up with something much better than I did!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even better now that they've (quietly) fixed that odd behaviour when using the LRCC camera, i.e. it used to only add the captures to whichever album was open at the time, so not necessarily the "auto add" album. But that seems to have now been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines