• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Lightroom 5 to Lightroom Classic CC, Ratings missing

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I recently bought the Adobe Creative Cloud for Windows 10. I was previously using Lightroom 5 on a Mac. I imported my whole catalog to Lightroom Classic CC, and the photos showed up fine, but all of my ratings, flags, edits and adjustments are missing. Anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

It doesn't sound like you're in the right catalog. Go to Lightroom (Mac) or Edit (PC)> Catalog Settings and on the General tab, see what catalog you're using. Does this correspond to what you were using on your on your other computer, but with a "-2" for the catalog upgrade to the new version?   If not, find the catalog you copied over, and double-click on it to launch LR with it - it will then upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you follow these instructions: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

It's not enough to just move your images to the new computer and import them into LR Classic, you have to copy the catalog data as well. And there's also a bunch of other stuff you might want to transfer over. All the information is in the above link, give it a go and come back if you need any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim.

Thanks for the tip. I did exactly as the tutorial suggested, and while all of my photos are now on my new computer, my existing edits and ratings system still don't show up. Any ideas as to why?

Any help you could give would be much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't sound like you're in the right catalog. Go to Lightroom (Mac) or Edit (PC)> Catalog Settings and on the General tab, see what catalog you're using. Does this correspond to what you were using on your on your other computer, but with a "-2" for the catalog upgrade to the new version?   If not, find the catalog you copied over, and double-click on it to launch LR with it - it will then upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines