• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

T of C not showing page numbers in one section

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a table of contents that is working well except for one thing: In the front matter section, which has different numbering than the rest of the book, the page numbers don't show up. I have everything set up the same in the T of C dialog box. However when I go to numbering and section options dialog box, the "start section" box is grayed out.

(I would upload screen captures but the website is rejecting my tiny pngs as well as tiny jpgs, saying it does not accept these file types. WT...?)

Can anyone help? Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

I figured it out – it was a style issue. Thanks for responding so quickly!

Pam Castaldi

[This is a public forum. Personal contact information removed for your protection.]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pamatunm:

Yes, we can help but we need more information.

Are you adding multiple chapters to an InDesign book file (an .indb file), or is your "book" one long InDesign document? If the latter, can you show the top of your pages panel—including the front matter pages and a few of the body of the book pages?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add screen shots, be sure to reply on the thread and not by email and use this button. PNGs are fine.
~Barb

JIVE Add screen shot to reply.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out – it was a style issue. Thanks for responding so quickly!

Pam Castaldi

[This is a public forum. Personal contact information removed for your protection.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great. Glad you got it figured out.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines