• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Acrobat DC 2017 'The document could not be saved. The file may be read-only, or another user may have it open.'

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More laymen's explanation is needed from Tariq.

What is the folder path that we want to use if we are tired of losing our .pdf editing sessions in the cloud or wherever they are going?  I've had the issue of losing information from Acrobat DC Pro for months.  Can't save because of a "no memory" error message.

Our IT department attempted to get an answer but everyone seems to shrug their shoulders and go on to make their golf dates.  I'm about to the point of dumping ALL Adobe products in the trash, print out the blank forms when someone sends me one and print them with an ink pen.  How "creative" is that?  

99.0% of my day requires editing documents.  Yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program.  Same problems.  I no longer have the computer on which I had a hard copy of Adobe Acrobat that worked just fine.  Seems like a cloud issue but I'm no expert.  I just need to get my work done.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Janaiguana,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Would you please let us know where usually those files are located? What is the version of Acrobat or Reader you are using?

Will be waiting for your response.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Janaiguana,

Not sure if this would help, but give it a try.

Are you working on an area that is shared with Google Drive or other clouding software? If this is the case, try to quit the syncing program (e.g. Google Drive, One Drive, Google Backup and Sync, whatever) and see if the problem persists.

That worked for me.

Regards,

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines