• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get CS3 to download and work with CC2018 after apparent update

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update wiped out my CS3. I now can't even link jpeg and png files to Photoshop. I also had CC2018 on my computer but I like and need to be able to switch to CS 3. I did follow instructions to get a new ID no. and downloaded new CS3 files (photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) but get error message those programs failed to download. HELP. I can't even upload png and jpeg files nor associate them to CC2018 in Control Panel.

Also, is there ANYWAY to contact a support person at Adobe?  This is ridiculous.  I have spent all day on this problem with no solution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's look at some of the background issues, they might show what is behind this. You say "I can't even upload png and jpeg files ". What do you mean by "upload", what do you do and what exactly happens?

There's no support for versions up to CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some png and jpeg images.  When I click them they do not upload to CC2018 (CS3 no longer working.)  The only way I can get them into CC2018 is to do: file-open-and then search for it on my computer.

I am not concerned that there is no support for CS3, I just want it back on my computer.  I had no problems with it before it was wiped out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

glendam2497777  wrote

I have some png and jpeg images.  When I click them they do not upload to CC2018 (CS3 no longer working.)  The only way I can get them into CC2018 is to do: file-open-and then search for it on my computer.

You need to associate Photoshop CC2018 with opening JPEG's and PNG's, right click on an image and select Open With, then select Choose Another App, select Photoshop CC2018 from the list put a check mark in Always use this app to open .jpg files.

Then do the same for PNG's

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update wiped out my CS3: it will do. Did you not read up before changing?

If your wanting to go back to CS3 then try a system restore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried system restore but that didn't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you follow this method to download CS3

Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 products

If it fails to download try using a different browser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines