I would first try updating to LR 6.14, which is the last release of LR 6, and is a free update for you since you already own LR 6.
If that doesn't help, then try deleting your preference file.
Also, try rebooting your computer. That sometimes fixes a balky Lightroom.
Thanks for the quick help, guys...
- Rebooting computer
- Upgrading to 6.14
- Deleting preferences files
No change. Still no popup menu when right click on a folder.
Any other ideas?
Maybe you could post a full-resolution screenshot of your LR window, pointing out exactly where you're trying to click. Sometimes that adds context and points towards where the problem might be...
1. Does the problem happen when you right-click on a folder not marked with a "?", e.g. "Snap Photos"? (The "?" on the folder indicates that LR thinks it is missing from its original location. Right-click should work on such folders.)
2. If you right-click on a thumbnail in Library grid view, do you get a context menu?
3. If the answer in 2 is no, try right-clicking on a file or folder in Windows File Explorer -- do you get a context menu?
Good questions, johnrellis...
1. There is no popup (the problem happens) when I click ANY folder, whether it has the "?" or not
Also, no popup when click an item under Catalog or Collections
2. I DO get a context menu popup when click on thumbnail in Library grid view
3. See #2
4. The context menu popup DOES work when click a "heading" in the left column file menu.
Examples - these work fine:
- Click Collections
- Click hard drive
Agreed, strange symptoms.
Two more thoughts:
1. Are you using a generic mouse or a table/pen or some other device that requires special drivers? There have been occasional issues with such devices reported in the past.
2. Try making a new test catalog and import a few photos into it. Does right-click still fail?
1. I'm using Microsoft mouse
2. Made a new test catalog - same problem
3. Using max/recommended DPI - 1920 x 1080
4. Tried using LR on another monitor that is attached to my laptop
Nothing works... Ugh!
There's always the last gasp: completely uninstall and reinstall, which infrequently solves such problems.
Yup. I had thought it was a "unique" problem. Very few posts about it..
Thanks for trying to help.
Update... I noticed I had the right-click problem when clicking on a photo thumbnail in the grid. But after a couple of second, the context menu popped up! Coincidentally, I noticed that LR seemed to be making everything way slow. The computer was constantly making disk and processing noise. After a while, right-click a photo thumbnail in the grid became more responsive.
So I thought this "lag time" might be what's causing right-click to not work on the folders. However, even after waiting 15 seconds after the click, the context menu still did not appear.
I still believe there is something going on with LR eating up a lot of the computer's memory or processing time or something else to do with performance. I'm going to do some research about how to make LR faster...