• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems copying and pasting multiple slides from one captivate to another.

Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2008 Aug 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been able to copy and paste several slides into another captivate and suddenly this has stopped working. I am using the ctrl key to select multiple slides (a set of 3) and the using the Edit drop-down to select copy slide. Then, I click on the other captivate and click paste slides. It is only bringing 1 slide, the first one, and not the 2nd and 3rd... any ideas. I've had another set of eyes look over my shoulder... and we're both scratching our heads.

Also, for some reason the text entry boxes are being copied, but the failure caption associated with it does not come along. It also copied the button but lost the association with the text entry box. WTH?
TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 17, 2008 Aug 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might work, this might not. I have copy paste problems on a regular basis and all that works for me is closing Captivate down and then re open and continue. At worst, a reboot tends to solve this glitch in my experience.

Good Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2008 Aug 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, at least it is happening to others as well. I have been closing out and reopening, and yes, sometimes it fixes the problem. Though, when I'm really heads down working it's a pain to stop. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it with a group of slides including a Quiz Results slide and it didn't work. When I excluded the Quiz Results slide, it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot copy and paste a Quiz Results slide from one project to another.  You can only copy/paste the quiz slides or normal slides.  You have to add the Quiz Results slide via the Quiz > Settings in the project itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod's answer is to the point (of course), but please, you did add this to a 10 years old thread. Can you start a new thread next time? You probably are not using Captivate 4, which was the case when this thread was started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was posting a solution, not a question. I googled my problem and this is the thread I found. I figured out the problem on my own and decided to help the next person that may google a similar problem. I never find threads on here that address my exact problem with Captivate 2017. I even brought this up to Adobe Support and they told me, "most of it is the same in previous versions."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that I know you all are wonderful at answering so quickly, I will start posting original threads though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome, we look forward to your contributions. The Search functionality of these forums is not very well designed. Often you'll get better results with Google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources