• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open photoshop after it quit due to scratch disks being full

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having memory issues with my scratch disks so I kept deletig things, photoshop was working fine then suddenly it quit due to an error and gave me some more error messages, I also now can’t even empty things from my trash due to the scratch disk being full? Please help. I can’t attch the pictures through my phone (and can’t even open chrome on my Mac)

first error message

“An unrecoverable error occurred while accessing the scratch disk. This is usually caused by a corrupted disk format or a hardware problem such as failing disk drive or bad cable. Photoshop will now exit.”

second error message when trying to reopen photoshop

“could not open a scratch file because the disk is full”

third error message

“adobe creative cloud, needed to resolve the problem is missing or damaged, you can try to repair to fix the issue. If the problem persists download a new copy  photoshop”

i clicked repair, then it said it couldn’t repair

thank  for reading this much please help me I have the deadline for this project is in two days   . Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I don't use a MAC but it looks like your hard drive could be failing, is the scratch disk on a separate drive?

You may want to take a look here

Check Hard Drive Health of a Mac with Disk Utility

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,  I went on live chat with apple and they said that the scratch disks are something to do with photoshop not my mac? so I have no idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emma

Did you try the link I posted above, a faulty drive or full scratch disk is the problem here, the issue is that Photoshop can't access the scratch disk hence the error's you're getting

Also take a look here

Your Startup Disk is Full on Mac OS - How to Fix It

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted a load of things and it seems to be working at the moment, if the error occurs again I will do that check or I will do it after my deadline as I don't feel confident enough as if something went wrong I'd be stuck! thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scratch disk is space on your hard drive that Photoshop uses for storage during operation.

Running out of hard drive space is VERY VERY bad for a number of reasons. Usually you will get errors from the Mac as well as Photoshop. If you are low on hard drive space, STOP using the computer until you can either clear up space by deleting files or moving them to an external hard drive.

Make sure you are backing up your files, too! The last thing you need is data loss.

You can take your computer to the Apple Store and they will help you with things like freeing up space and how to keep track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also buy an external HD and point your Scratch Disk preference to that for additional storage needs. Scratch disk is temporary usage while in PS, so it releases when you quit properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you ! I am having a big clear out on my Mac very soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I think that will be needed for 3rd year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines