• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 7/Acrobat

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just recently when I try to open a pdf, my computer comes up with the message 'do you want to allow the following programme to make changes to this computer'. I tried uninstalling & downloading my Acrobat XI again, but it's still doing it. Any suggestions to get rid of this unnecessary message. I don't want to change the notifications status. Thanks.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Does this happen immediately, before you see the Acrobat window? If so, the option "run as administrator" has probably be set for the Acrobat app. Turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen immediately, before you see the Acrobat window? If so, the option "run as administrator" has probably be set for the Acrobat app. Turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This sounded like the right solution, but I went to the properties on the program and the ‘run as administrator’ box was not checked under Compatability.

I then ran the Compatability Troubleshooter & it suggested to run as administrator. I tried this and it was even worse, so I went back in and unchecked ‘Run as admin’. Now it’s working correctly. Not sure what was going on, but thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines