Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe media encoder - help me not make duplicate proxies

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I need help with Adobe Media Encoder.  I'm making proxies for my 4k footage that I imported into Premiere Pro and so it opened up Media Encoder to make the proxies.  However it kept crashing so I re-imported the footage two times to restart the encoding proxies process (this was not a good idea as I'll explain later).

So now I'm in media encoder and it is taking its sweet time making these proxies, but there is 3 of every clip and they appear to be in random order.  I have gone through multiple times and deleted the duplicates from the queue, but every time media encoder opens back up the duplicates are there.  I just want to set it so it won't make duplicate proxies.  Right now it's making 2 or three by putting "Proxy_1" or "Proxy_2" at the end of the file name.  The only setting I found to change was how the duplicate proxies are named, I can't find how to prevent media encoder from making duplicate proxies in the first place.  Please help this is driving me crazy, as I think I am making progress only to check and see the same 30 clips getting duplicated over and over.

THANK YOU!!! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Each time you import, those proxies are generated again.  Stop doing that.  Let the first one's finish.  If AME crashes, restart it to continue, don't start over.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Each time you import, those proxies are generated again.  Stop doing that.  Let the first one's finish.  If AME crashes, restart it to continue, don't start over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines