1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 25, 2018 1:23 PM by try67

Problem with Form Auto-Checking Boxes When Saving

davidd21754520

Hey guys!

So the company I work for has an online application that is a simple document that was converted for some forms.

The link for the document is here: https://mytoccoa.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Application-2018-03-28-Update.pdf

Once a person downloads it, they begin to fill out the information. The problem is when I try to save it, it will only let me Save As. If the person tries to overwrite the file by naming it the same file name as the file they just downloaded, it tells you that it cannot do this and turns it into a temporary file that you can save. The problem then happens that certain boxes begin to randomly check throughout the file. No reason for it, they just automatically check things that our applicants did not check.

I have tried to Save As Other and enable More Tools so that a reader has rights to it, but still it is a no go! The file will still not save.

Can anyone offer some help here?

Thanks so much!

David

• 1. Re: Problem with Form Auto-Checking Boxes When Saving
          try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

That should not be the case, unless you open the file directly from the browser, without saving it first. If that's the case then it will be saved as a temporary file, and you'll need to save it properly to a permanent location later on.

It also depends on the application you're using to open the file with.

The best workflow is to save the file from the browser to a local folder, then open Adobe Acrobat (or Reader) and open that file using it.