• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CR2 files won't open in PS 19.1.3 on older MacBook

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been using Photoshop CC forever to open and save Canon RAW CR2 files with no issues on my home desktop iMac. I drag the file onto the PS icon, get a window where I can save the image as a JPG (or TIF etc.), and I save it and then edit the JPG or TIF. Easy peasy.

However, today I updated Photoshop CC to 19.1.3 on my older Mac laptop (MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011) w Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB).

I haven't used any Photoshop on this device in a year or more.

Now when I attempt to open a CR2 file on this device, I get the error message "Could not complete your request because Photoshop does not recognize this type of file."

Help! Many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of macOS are you running?

What model Canon camera are the cr2s from?

If in photoshop you go to Photoshop CC>About Plug-In>Camera Raw, what version does it say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines