• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My presets don't convert to XMP after update at all! Help!

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just recently updated from lightroom 6 to version 7.3.1 and my presets don't work at all. when i hover my mouse over the presets they show up on the little screen but when i click on them they do not apply whatsoever.

the new update says your presets convert to XMP from lrtemplates but mine have not done that and its very frustrating. i have work to do and i just want my lightroom to work again!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, let us clear up some details.

You cannot update from LR-6 to 7.3.1

You must subscribe to the Creative Cloud Photography plan to 'UPGRADE" to LR-CLassic-CC (v7.3.1)

So, do you have a subscription plan?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay true about the LR6.

I upgraded to the Creative cloud plan for students which includes all the apps, which is the subscription plan.

yesterday i upgraded to 7.3.1 and now my presets won't work at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not knowledgeable about Student plans, but I went to- Adobe Creative Cloud for students and teachers | Adobe Creative Cloud

and I can only see the "Cloud" version of Lightroom-CC on this page.

This is not the 'desktop' Lightroom-Classic. So if you managed to install 7.3.1 , it would only be a "Trial".

'Presets not working'  is a problem I have seen in other forum threads where people, without a CC subscription, have managed to upgrade a 'LR Perpetual v6' to v7.3

I think you will have to contact Adobe and check exactly what is included in the Student plan.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines