• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I DESPISE MYRIAD PRO, HOW DO I GET IT GONE? ALSO CAN'T SEE THE 'SAMPLE' FONTS BECAUSE THEY'RE TOO SMALL.

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I HATE HATE HATE THAT MYRIAD PRO HIJACKS MY FONT CHOICE EACH AND EVERY DAMN TIME I NEED TO USE MY SELECTED FONT. HOW DO I GET IT OFF MY COMPUTER? I HATE ADOBE FOR THIS TRAVESTY THAT WASTES MY TIME, MAKES ME ANGRY AND HAS NO POINT.

THEY ALSO MADE THE 'SAMPLE' WORD FOR VIEWING EACH FONT TOO SMALL TO SEE A DAMN THING. HOW DO I MAKE THEM LARGER?

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE... MAKING THINGS WORSE INSTEAD OF BETTER AND CHARGING A MONTHLY FEE FOR THE AGGRAVATION?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

you can set the UI font size in the preferences tab:

UI font size.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do not shout (capitals are considered shouting)

You asked this same question 2 months ago and it was answered then:

HOW DO I GET RID OF MYRIAD FONT?  FOREVER AND EVER?

As far as the UI size - it depends on your system - e.g. it works differently on Windows 10. So you need to give some detail of your exact , system, version of Photoshop and Operating system

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE...

And what’s wrong with your keyboard – caps-lock stuck?

I HATE HATE HATE THAT MYRIAD PRO HIJACKS MY FONT CHOICE EACH AND EVERY DAMN TIME I NEED TO USE MY SELECTED FONT.

Please try to describe the Photoshop-problem you are experiencing in meaningful terms and maybe post some screenshots including the pertinent UI elements to illustrate, because I for one don’t exactly understand what you are talking about.

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for quicker answers"):

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7044

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember, we are forum members and want to help, but you have to calm down and explain your problems in a more rational manner.

* The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:

* Adobe product and version number

* Operating system and version number and any information/screenshots that forum members request in order to assist you.

As for your font size preview, I'll help with this one.

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 12.11.33 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are right. I was shouting. I am so angry at this myriad pro hijacking that I could not contain myself.

Thank you for the info on how to make the preview word 'sample' larger. Done.

There is no way to show you how when I open a new image the font changes to myriad rather than staying on the last font used. I know there is a lot of discussion regarding this but no one seems to have a fix and I don't understand why adobe would do this to anyone. What's it to them to leave my chosen font in place? Why do they make it revert to that awful font that I don't want and didn't ask for and never use?

I do have a screen shot of how I cannot see farther than this in the font list. I may be incorrect, but I thought as in past versions of PS, the what's in my Font book appears in PS. But that's not happening. How do I get them into this cloud version?  You are looking at ALL the possible fonts that I have available.  What happened to all my others?

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 9.11.11 AM.png

I really want CS6 back. I don't like this new cloud based version. But... they won't let me have it because after all these years they suddenly say my serial number has been reported pirated. I paid for it through a student/teacher web site now long gone. How would I know that? So, here I am fighting with trying to just get my fonts to become available...so they can be hijacked by a font that adobe seems to think I should use instead of what I want to use.

This isn't ok, and given the number of people who are fighting the same issue, why hasn't adobe fixed it?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Mac, you open Fontbook > All Fonts  Right or Ctrl-click On Myriad Pro and select "Disable"

Myriad is dimmed out. It will show up in Photoshop, but it won't default to Myriad every time you create a new document, but it will default if you reset the

character panel.

I have not figured that one out. It's likely "baked in". But at least it won't default every time.

Then Photoshop will stay on the last selected Font. I hope that fixes it for you, it does for me.

Gene  (MacOS 1013.4/CC 2018 v19.1.3)

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 5.36.30 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I think you are closer to what you want. All your fonts that appear in Photoshop are local to your system. There is a cloud based subscription version called "Typekit" which I leave off.

Now if your Fontlist is too long, click on the star next to the font to "Favorite" it. Then click on the star button to show only your favorite fonts and that should whittle a long list down to size. Besides Favorites you can filter by classes.

There's probably other tricks, but this will get you going.

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 7.07.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do have a screen shot of how I cannot see farther than this in the font list.

Does the scrollbar on the right of the list not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines