• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC 7.3.1 freeze on idle Windows 10

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a few other discussions where this issue is being reported but i believe they have other issues clouding the discussion

Since the update to 3.1 and subsequently 3.2 Lightroom Classic CC hangs after being idle for a time (i can;t be specific on time as it seem to change). It dos not happen necessarily on sleeping from the computer or in one module or another or when changing windows or minimizing or maximizing

It hangs and i am forced to "end task" through Task Manager

I am on a completely up to date (drivers and software and Windows) Win 10 Pro 64 system with 128gb RAM and plenty of horsepower and disk space (NVME and SSD)

My system has no problems with any other programs

please fix this

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are not Adobe in this forum, we are other LR users, we can't fix anything.

You might want to actually address your issues to Adobe directly at

Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7.3.2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7.3.2 ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry...i meant 7.3 and 7.3.1

as for this not being the right place...that isnt helpful so move on...and please look at all the other posts on the forum..plenty of people are posting problems and getting results and fixes

also Adobe people DO respond so this is a fine place to post this

instead of attacking my right to post this why not try to help or keep quiet and move on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@aaron

> also Adobe people DO respond so this is a fine place to post this

Hi,

Actually, the best place to report a problem is : Adobe Photoshop Family . This is the only way to have a little chance to have a problem taken into account by an Adobe rep. However, this doesn't prevent you from posting here in case another user has a valid answer. After all, this is a forum setup by Adobe in order to discuss problems about Adobe products. Just, your "please fix this" statement was superfluous. Nobody here will fix anything.

If you are very lucky, an Adobe rep might read this message, try to reproduce the problem, go to the development team and tell them about the issue but very frankly, you have much more chances to get the jackpot by playing the national lottery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you do have a right to post on this forum. Adobe people do respond on this forum, but the developers monitor the other forum more closely. Please don't take that response too personally. I think the behavior on your computer might have something to do with the sleep settings on your computer, but I don't know. I haven't experienced that with my Windows 10 computer. My computer isn't as advanced as yours. It's an older computer, an HP Pavilion that has been upgraded from Windows 7 and only has 8 GB of RAM. I'm not questioning that you don't experience the problem you are describing, just stating that I don't see it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first... the chances of an dobe person responding is much higher than the lottery... stop participating in this discussion only to try to stop me from posting... that is disrespectful and not helpful... i have seen many things answered by Adobe staff

second...i have posted this there as well..so posting here for an answer and posting there is not mutually exclusive,...get off my case and get on with your life if yo ucant help

JimHess... thank you

i dont believe it is a sleep setting seeing as i turned it off entirely as one of the first things i did try...but thanks for the idea

I am NOt the only one with this problem...i started this discussion because the other ones about problems had about 5 different problems going on in the thread...i separated this out to explain that this is a separate issue...and one that is not solved by all the advice already given NOR by the recent update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>first... the chances of an Adobe person responding is much higher than the lottery... stop participating in this discussion only to try to stop me from posting... that is disrespectful and not helpful... i have seen many things answered by Adobe staff<

Not if you adopt this attitude with people who are actually trying to help and to explain how things work. You didn't read my message with enough attention. I'm not trying to stop you from posting here (on the contrary) but I'll do stop helping anyway. The official feedback forum is Photoshop Family, not this forum. You may deny this if you want, I don't care, but this will not change the facts. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you werent helping at all..so i am happy you wont be participating going forward

i already said i posted this elsewhere too...your "help" was basically telling me to "shut up" and go somewhere else...and that there is "no chance" for anyone to help me here

you are a terrible person and have turned a cry for help into an abusive set of communication

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

back on topic.... anyoen have the same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me that several individuals have tried to help. Some have even tried to provide suggestions. "Most" people who respond here are simply users like yourself. I have been trying to help individuals for a number of years, but I'm not really very technically proficient. So when I encounter a problem that I feel uncomfortable with I often suggest the other forum. And that's what some of the other respondents do as well because they know it's likely that you'll get a better response there. But to come here and take on a somewhat belligerent attitude will only make things more difficult for yourself, and will discourage anyone from wanting to provide any constructive suggestions. You can carry on your fight as long as you want, but that isn't the way we do things on this forum. I'm sorry you aren't getting the kind of support you expect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have seen many things answered by Adobe staff

Yes, Adobe staff that comes into this forum answers technical questions about how to do certain things in Lightroom. They provide technical support. They do not fix bugs, they cannot fix bugs, they almost never report bugs to developers as the other forum is for that, and this is not the place to request that Adobe fix the bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aarons,

We're sorry for a bad experience with the update, let us help make this right. I believe you're using the latest version of Lightroom Classic CC which is 7.3.1, as you're experiencing random lags/freezes when the system is in an idle state, let's try some troubleshooting steps first to know what's causing this issue.

Could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Lightroom's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Lightroom and let us know if it helps?

If that doesn't help then please try creating a new user account with admin right temporarily and check if Lightroom works fine on that account.

Please keep us posted, as we're here to help.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue running W10.  My only difference is that I believe this issue started with Lr7.2.  Sleep and/or graphics processor usage doesn't seem to affect it.  Has there been any further solution to anyone's knowledge?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue with version 7.3.1. Ever since updating, whenever I leave LR minimized for a short period of time to do something else and then try to maximize and resume what I was doing, the whole window is white and in the top bar it says "(Not responding)". I then click the X at top right and get the "End Task" option which quickly kills the process. I'm then able to quickly reboot LR and resume my work like normal until I minimize the program to hop into Photoshop or do something else. Like aarons I have a completely up-to-date, fairly new custom build pc. Core i7 8700k, Geforce GTX 1070 ti, Samsung Nvme m.2 hard drive, all up-to-date drivers & firmware. Hoping to figure out what the issue could be as it is hurting my workflow. Thanks in advance to all who are able to offer suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you considered updating to 7.4 to see if that might resolve the issue? You also might consider not minimizing Lightroom. I have Lightroom on the taskbar along with other programs that I routinely use. I seldom find the need to minimize Lightroom. I just switch programs on the taskbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

Could you please update the Lightroom  Classic CC to 8.0 version via Creative Cloud Desktop app and let us know if that helps.

What's new in Lightroom Classic CC 8.0: New features summary for the October 2018 release of Lightroom Classic CC

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines