• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU Render Error - what does it mean?

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am suffering frequent crashes, odd warnings and errors, EGP overuse causes crashes, sometimes the program monitor goes black and I know that Premiere is about to crash... anyway, I'm starting to wonder if my graphics card is broken? No software should be this unstable. It's a Geforce GTX 980 Ti.

The latest is this one, after attempting to render in-to-out on some 4k in a 1080 timeline with lumetri, scaling, and two adjustment layers with lumetri. Is it too much lumetri?

Render into outI.jpg

Here's some other info. Any ideas?

Latest Premiere v12.1.1

Windows Pro 10

SSD Scratch drives, 7200 media drives.

i7-8700 Intel CPU

32 GB Ram

Footage

Type: MXF

File Size: 5.64 GB

Image Size: 3840 x 2160

Frame Rate: 29.97

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 24 bit - 8 channels

Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - 8 channels

Total Duration: 00;02;41;24

Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

MXF File details:

Wrapper type: MXF OP1a (type: SingleItem SinglePackage MultiTrack Stream Internal)

File generated by: Sony, Mem  (2.00)

AVC Unconstrained

Bitstream Format: Sony

Gamma: S-Log3 Cine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the Mercury Playback Engine Software Only for the Renderer. it may be the version of the driver for the video card is not playing nice with Adobe. Update it, if that does not work then downgrade it.

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 3.42.24 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Katie. I've just updated my Nvidia driver to 397.31 and it hasn't crashed yet today! Maybe it could be that simple. I hope so. I'll keep this updated. Appreciate your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are very welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon! Here's another one came before a crash. I'll switch off the GPU acceleration and see if that silences it. Thanks anyway.

AgainCapture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. so now we troubleshoot. This is a known problem with Video cards. Adobe's list is not as up-to-date as we all hope. But please try these items. Sometimes again the easiest thing to do it turn it off.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Again. I have my project set to software only and it just crashed again whilst I was editing text in the essential graphics panel. I have a crash log. I don't have time today to uninstall plugins and reset premiere. But for when I do, do I do it with you through this forum, or do I have to call a support person? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am hoping you got your software running again. The last option is to try downloading the earlier version and see if that works better. If you do not need CC 2018 updates you might try running a different version.

As for a support person, I believe if you are in Enterprise Adobe has a dedicated support, if not you can try contacting Adobe directly. Let me know if your crashes get resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey I am also facing this issues, in Cor i 7 third generation.

Graphic card gtx 760 .

GPU accelerated error .

Plz any one help me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines