• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Install Multiple PlugIns For Classic CC Help

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I recently upgraded to Lightroom Classic CC and purchased/upgraded some plugins that I previously used on my older version of Lightroom.  My problem is I can't get both plugins installed so I can edit to either one of them from Lightroom.  I've tried everything I can think of, the plug in manager and the external editing option but I can only seem to get one plugin installed.  It was much easier when I could go straight from Lightroom to either of the plugins.  Any advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could easily be that the plugins just arent compatible. You'd have to check with their creator/mfgs.  Meanwhile you can roll back to earlier version, see here: Lightroom roll back to prior update version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which plugins in particular?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plugins are Portrait Pro Body 2 and Portrait Pro Studio 17.  I have Portrait Pro 17 installed as a plugin, but cant get the other one installed.  I'm guessing the new version of Lightroom isn't allowing multiple plugins.  I talked to the companies I purchased them from and both are Lightroom compatible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the steps outlined here: How do I get PortraitPro Body Studio to work as a plug-in to Lightroom? - PortraitPro Body Support  ?   It seems direct and you should note at what step it fails and contact PortraitPro. Lightroom shouldn't have an issue with multiple plugins. Also, I couldn't see what version Lightroom is supported; you should double check this with PortraitPro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PortraitPro 17 states that it's supported.  The problem is that I can only get one plugin installed at a time and when I try to install the second one, it won't let me.  I've had Lightroom for years and never had this problem.  Someone said that it may just be the new version of Lightroom won't let you do it, but I'm not sure.  Both programs I have are compatible with Lightroom and if I try to use the Plug In Manager, I get an error message from Lightroom.  I've been trying to contact Adobe on the phone and just keep getting this same verizon customer you are trying to reach can't be contacted.  It's frustrating because I did it with no problems on older versions of LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe customer support generally won't be of help with third-party plugins.

As joefry99 suggested, your best bet is to contact the plugin vendor directly for support. There are some generic problems that occur with all plugins, but more often than not, the problems are specific to the individual plugin.

when I try to install the second one, it won't let me.  I've had Lightroom for years and never had this problem.  ... if I try to use the Plug In Manager, I get an error message from Lightroom. 

Please provide more details: At which step of the installation instructions are you getting the error message, and what is the exact, word-for-word message?  (A screenshot of your entire LR window usually helps here.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that I can only get one plugin installed at a time

If I might comment please-

You must consider these programs to be "External Editors" and NOT Plug-ins.

They can be added manually in the 'External Editors' tab of the LR preferences dialog (not the Plug-in manager).

Adding more than one program to the External Editors list is a common confusing problem (I have seen with NIK software).

I believe the instructions to be 'wrong' as it does not explain the procedure in full detail at this link!- How do I get PortraitPro Body Studio to work as a plug-in to Lightroom? - PortraitPro Body Support

In the "Additional External Editor" section, press the "Choose" button on the right for choosing the application. A new dialog will pop up asking for the location of the program to run.

PortraitPro Body Studio is usually located at "C:\Program Files\PortraitPro Body Studio 1\PortraitProBodyStudio.exe"

In the Finder/Explorer window you highlight and [Choose] the program to add and then immediately-

Click the Preset box drop-menu and "Save current settings as new preset".  This adds one program to the list.

Then you add the second program by repeating.

So you will do this-   1) [Choose],  2) Find program to choose, 3) Save current settings as new preset.  for Portrait Pro Body Studio,

and repeat  1) [Choose],  2) Find program to choose, 3) Save current settings as new preset.  for Portrait Pro Body Support.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for posting this WobertC!!! I had the same question and this solved the installation issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines