• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All new untouched DNG's marked as "has develop adjustments"

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recenlty I've got a problem - Lightroom starts to think that my photos are modified immediately after import. I thought, I was doing something wrong and made some tests. It turned out, if I have non-default crop settings on my camera (3:2 instead of 4:3) and convert ORF files to DNG, LR changes profile and thinks the files are modified. How I tested it:

1. Make first photo on my Olympus EM1 mark II with crop 3:2, second photo with crop 4:3.

2. Import photos from SD, mode "Copy" (not "Copy as DNG") (photos for test).

3. That's how library looks for now:

oEK1PDy.png

This is right - first image have crop information, second one doesn't have it (default crop factor). Both images have profile "Adobe Color":

p3WBs4T.png

4. Perform convert to DNG with default settings:

R0qqNdU.png

5. Now LR thinks I modified first (in-camera cropped) photo:

3lWHs39.png

And profile of first image is changed to "Adobe Standard" (second is still the same "Adobe Color"):

tFd4K6i.png

The same happens when I import photos in mode "Copy as DNG".

What can I do to get rid of this behavior? All of my new photos now look like a modified, I can't find which one I really touched and I don't want to disable in-camera crop. I suppose, the problem has appeared since v7.3, where "new presets" were introduced. At least, date, when hundrends of my new photos start marking as "touched" matches with date, when I installed LR update with that new feature.

Lightroom Classic for MacOS: 7.3.1

Camera Raw: 10.3

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

There is a bug in Convert Photos To DNG: When it converts a cropped raw, it incorrectly applies the profile Adobe Standard rather than retaining Adobe Color, and that fools LR into thinking the photo has adjustments. I was able to reproduce this simply by cropping a virgin raw before converting it, so this is independent of whether the crop was in-camera.

Please add details of your issue and your constructive opinion to the bug report I just filed: Lightroom: Convert to DNG applies Adobe Standard rather than Adobe Color if cropped | Photoshop Family Customer Communi…

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to the History panel and look to see if a preset is applied at the time of Import. On my Lightroom Classic CC, it looks like this, the word Lr4Pop are my specific preset applied, you will see a different word there:

2018-04-27 06_47_24-Cortana.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is no preset

XwucMwP.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'From Metadata' is likely to be the source of images switching back to Adobe Standard profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Ian+Lyons  wrote

The 'From Metadata' is likely to be the source of images switching back to Adobe Standard profile.

That "From Metadata' comes from my screen capture and not from the original poster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well then, the original poster somehow took 2 steps from the middle of your's and changed the date/time.  Than again, may be you need to recheck who posted which screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bug in Convert Photos To DNG: When it converts a cropped raw, it incorrectly applies the profile Adobe Standard rather than retaining Adobe Color, and that fools LR into thinking the photo has adjustments. I was able to reproduce this simply by cropping a virgin raw before converting it, so this is independent of whether the crop was in-camera.

Please add details of your issue and your constructive opinion to the bug report I just filed: Lightroom: Convert to DNG applies Adobe Standard rather than Adobe Color if cropped | Photoshop Fami... . Be sure to click Me Too in the upper-right. This will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

You can change a batch of photos to all have the profile Adobe Color by using a preset with just Treatment & Profile selected. But I don't think there's any way to force LR to think those photos don't have adjustments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johnrellis  wrote

Good catch, John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's really unnamed777 who caught it 😆

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines