3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2018 4:58 PM by davidb1971

Acrobat Pro 2017 Sharepoint Integration Broken

davidb1971

We have SharePoint 2010 and edit PDF files in Adobe Acrobat Pro X. We have recently been upgrading to Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017. Once this upgrade is complete, the integration with SharePoint feature is broken. Users no longer get prompted to check out / check in files and automatically save them back into SharePoint. These features work fine with Acrobat Pro X. Does anyone know what has changed? Are there some settings I am missing? I can't seem to find anyone with the same issue.

• 1. Re: Acrobat Pro 2017 Sharepoint Integration Broken
          Adorobat Adobe Employee

Hi Davidb,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Are you still facing this issue? If yes, check if an update is available for Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu, reboot the machine after installing update and try again. You may also download updates from here: Adobe software and product updates

Also, let us know the dot version of Acrobat installed on the machine. To check the version, you may refer to the steps given in this link: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Thanks,

Shivam

• 2. Re: Acrobat Pro 2017 Sharepoint Integration Broken
            davidb1971 Level 1

We were able to resolve the original issue using the bDisableSharepointFeatures registry entry, however, we received an update to version 2017 and it is broken again. I have verified that I still have the feature lockdown disabled, however the integration still does not work any longer. I can setup a SharePoint site within Acrobat and browse folders and find PDFs and I get the check in/out prompt, but that browsing is difficult and will not work for our users. Can you tell me if the feature lockdown has changed in this update or what has happened?

Our current version we were updated to is:

2017 Release (Classic) | Version 2017.011.30080

Please advise and this if affecting 100 plus users and productivity.

Thanks,

David

• 3. Re: Acrobat Pro 2017 Sharepoint Integration Broken
              davidb1971 Level 1

Just FYI, we do have the bDisableSharePointFeatures dword entry set to off. This was an existing entry that we used to fix the initial problem when we upgraded to 2017 but the application does not seem to be using that entry to enable/disable the SharePoint integration feature.

Thanks,

David