5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2018 11:07 AM by andre_seattle

LR 6.14 (perpetual) crashes repeatedly when launching

andre_seattle

My installation of LR 6.14 (perpetual) has developed an issue recently where the application crashes repeatedly at launch. OS (Mac OS X 10.9.5) reports

"Lightroom quit unexpectedly. Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple."

The three buttons in the dialog box are "Ignore", "Report...", and "Reopen".

This is an air-gapped (non-Internet connected) machine with a stable and static set of software, so the possibilities of malware/virus infection are low, likewise with new software installations causing conflicts. This is a recent (approx 8 weeks) development, the application has run without an issue up to this point.

Clicking "Reopen" in the dialog box dismisses it, but a new one appears after maybe a second or so. Clicking "Reopen" repeatedly will eventually cause LR to launch, but obviously this is a less than ideal scenario. It should also be noted that the number of times "Reopen" has to be clicked before I actually have the LR window open is a variable, sometimes requiring several minutes of fast clicking through the error message.

I don't see a way of attaching the entire text file of the crash report data to this posting, and the report is fairly long so I won't embed the entire file inline (unless somebody asks me to), but this is the first part, hopefully this is helpful:

Process:         Adobe Lightroom [22973]

Path:            /Applications/Adobe Lightroom/Adobe Lightroom.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Lightroom

Identifier:      com.adobe.Lightroom6

Version:         Adobe Lightroom [1149743] (6.14)

Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:  launchd [200]

Responsible:     Adobe Lightroom [22973]

User ID:         501

Date/Time:       2018-04-27 08:36:09.973 -0700

OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.9.5 (13F1911)

Report Version:  11

Anonymous UUID:  36FAD12D-9EF2-0BE9-6D86-E8C05AE1E922

Sleep/Wake UUID: 917CE279-2A0D-48A5-B75C-4C56EFCDE111

Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes: EXC_I386_GPFLT

Any information as to how to resolve would be most helpful.

Respectfully,

Andre