• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can’t save sketch drawing to camera

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have an iPad 2018 with adobe sketch. I am in the drawn image, and I want to save the image to my camera roll. I flatten the image (don’t know if that helps or hurts) then while still in the drawing portion of the app, I click the share button, then share image, then save image. And nothing happens! I’ve tried resetting my privacy settings, i restarted the iPad several times, but its not working. I also checked the app setting in settings -> privacy -> photos -> adobe sketch, and the app is set to “add photos only”. However, in the drawing section of the app, I can click share -> share image -> open in -> copy to PS express and it’ll open the image in photoshop express, and I can then save the image to camera roll.

What am I missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

I wanted to update this in case anyone has a similar problem. The picture eventually saved the image to camera roll. From what I read, this could be caused by 1) the iPad battery being too low or 2) the image

is so large that it takes about 20 minutes to download to the camera roll. And once it finally synced to my iPad camera roll, it synced to my iPhone‘s camera roll as well. I’m not sure which was the cause (or maybe both) but the end result is that the picture does save.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to update this in case anyone has a similar problem. The picture eventually saved the image to camera roll. From what I read, this could be caused by 1) the iPad battery being too low or 2) the image

is so large that it takes about 20 minutes to download to the camera roll. And once it finally synced to my iPad camera roll, it synced to my iPhone‘s camera roll as well. I’m not sure which was the cause (or maybe both) but the end result is that the picture does save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the follow up and solution.

20 minutes sounds like a long time... even for my sad old iPad. But the power/batter suggestion is a good tip - for any Mobile app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Herrenfam.

Ko is right, it should absolutely not take 20 minutes for a drawing to save to your camera roll; it should be almost instantaneous.

Have you ever tried importing an image from your camera roll into a Sketch Image Layer?

How is that process? Does it work? Does it take a long time?

Let me know. This is super curious.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

i believe the low low battery was the reason for the delayed save. I tried saving a file after the battery was fully charged and it saved to my camera roll immediately. I had let the battery go down to 5% (wasn’t paying attention). So apparently the low battery was the key. But I appreciate the responses!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Herrenfam.

Thanks for confirming that it was the low battery.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines