4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2008 5:55 AM by eleeeen

flash player not working in IE7

eleeeen
      i saw some similar threads around but no solution worked for me, so i decided to post this.

im using window vista business 32 bits, IE7 and firefox.

flash player worked perfectly well in IE7 until many months ago i update the flashplayer to ver9.0.124.0. when i tried to watch a video in youtube, it'll tell me to install the latest version although i'd alrdy had. but i still clicked on the link to install the latest version. when i tried to install it, i was told "Internet Explorer had blocked this site from using activex control in an unsafe manner. as a result, this page may not display corectly." then, after a while, it'll load to another page which tell me flashplayer 9.0.124.0 had been installed successfully. but flashplayer still wont work. i need to uninstall it, and reinstall. things will work fine, but the same problem come again everytime i reboot my com. i was always told that i need to install the latest version. my security setting of IE is medium btw.

flashplayer in my firefox works quite well. i tot it might be a crash when i got both versions of flashplayer, so i uninstalled flashplayer plugin for firefox. but it still did not solve the problem. i was told to try e beta version of flashplayer10, but the problem worsened. flashplayer for both IE and flashplayer wont work.

(i used the uninstaller program found in adobe to uninstall)

sorry, i know i'd written quite a long post. please reply me as simple as possible because im kinda like a computer idiot.
        • 1. Re: flash player not working in IE7
          RossRitchey Level 4
          Your activeX flashplayer has gone corrupt.

I don't know the specific location on Vista, but on XP it is here:

C:/Windows/Downloaded Program Files

All of the plugins that IE uses are stored in this folder. Typically, I simply delete the entire folder, then, the next time I open IE, the browser re-downloads all of the plug-ins, and flash works again.

Uninstallers don't work with a corrupt control, you actually have to manually delete it from the downloaded program files folder.
          • 2. Re: flash player not working in IE7
            eleeeen Level 1
            quote:

Originally posted by: rritchey
            Your activeX flashplayer has gone corrupt.

I don't know the specific location on Vista, but on XP it is here:

C:/Windows/Downloaded Program Files

All of the plugins that IE uses are stored in this folder. Typically, I simply delete the entire folder, then, the next time I open IE, the browser re-downloads all of the plug-ins, and flash works again.

Uninstallers don't work with a corrupt control, you actually have to manually delete it from the downloaded program files folder.

thanks. i tried but cant delete the folder. it says 'you need permission to perform this action.'
            where do i get the permission from? im the adminstrator.
            • 3. Re: flash player not working in IE7
              RossRitchey Level 4
              Sounds like something rooting from Vista. Try deleting the files inside the folder instead.
              • 4. flash player not working in IE7
                eleeeen Level 1
                can't delete. there's only option for viewing properties. when i looked into the properties, all files shown are damaged.