Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nutcracker Jaw Problem

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I've been working with Character Animator for quite a while, but haven't had to use nutcracker jaw before. I have a project that I need to utilize it for and for some reason I cannot get the mouth to move in the manor I'd like. I'm trying to mimic the style of jaw on the demo puppet bongo. The problem is I cannot seem to get the lower jaw from moving correctly even after pins and sticks. Either the entire mouth wants to move with the puppet completely warping it or the pins and sticks I put in don't take effect and the jaw moves separately. I have to be missing something. I've tried rigging it in several different manors from the bottom jaw being independent, to the whole mouth being independent. Any advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide a screen cap of the rigging panel for your puppet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (116).pngScreenshot (117).png

Sorry for the dual screen, have both monitors on, so it captured both as one image. I've been able to make some progress, had it somewhat working, but I'm still not sure where I'm going wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, without knowing exactly what you want to see the jaw do, my first reaction is to make the head independent, and see how that  works. Then, if that isn't helpful and keeping the head independent, try the jaw not independent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

It looks like you added the jaw behavior to the mouth? It might work better, if you copy and paste the lower half of your characters face (in Photoshop) and make it into a layer called Jaw. Then you can add the nutcracker behavior to that new jaw, and play with the flappiness in the properties panel to get it to move how you like.

Hope that helps!

cheers!
mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines