• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 7.3.1 Catalog Corruption

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought the corruption of catalogs problem was fixed in 7.3.1, but I have had it twice today. First there is a failure of an integrity test when starting a backup, then it tries to fix it, and finally the catalog is corrupted and can't be repaired.

Mac OS 10.13.4 High Sierra

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, the problem of corruption of backup catalogs was on Windows only, so I think this may be just a coincidence. Have you tried another backup?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have tried other backups. One was a catalog that was copied to another hard drive (not backed up using Lightroom, just a Finder copy/paste) just prior to upgrading from 7.3 to 7.3.1 and another was a Lightroom-created catalog backup. So, must not be a coincidence. Maybe the problem has crept over to Mac OS also. As Jethro Gibbs says, "No such thing as a coincidence."

Same thing happens: when performing a backup when exiting Lightroom get a failure of integrity test, then Lightroom tries to fix it, and then the catalog is corrupted and can't be repaired.

Here's an strange/interesting twist: Just for kicks and jollies, I double-clicked on a catalog that was supposedly corrupted, and Lightroom opened it anyway. Seems OK, but I'm hesitant to do much with it. Is there a way to do an integrity test without backing up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rolled back to Lr CC Classic 7.3 and was able to backup catalog (went through integrity test, backed up catalog, optimized catalog). Tested on catalog that had not been opened with 7.3.1 and one that was used with 7.3.1 and supposedly corrupted.

So, there does seem to be a problem of catalog corruption while performing backup on Mac OS Lr CC Classic 7.3.1. Whether the catalog is actually corrupted or not is another question.

Adobe, are you getting this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You better report this in the feedback forum: https://feedback.photoshop.com

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did that too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines