2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2008 10:51 AM by Newsgroup_User

Editing XML Database then saving

General1337
      I made a program which takes data from XML and stores it into columns on a datagrid. However the XML document is a static document which is premade. I have been trying to look everywhere for a way to save the document AFTER someone has edited it, this way it resaves over the XML document with new data.
      Any help would be great!
      Thanks
        • 1. Re: Editing XML Database then saving
          amthekkel
          HI,
          do you already have in place something that creates the update xml document ie how are you trying to update the data currently displayed on the datagrid?
          I have seen two options, one to use item renderers and two to use a summary pannel beneath the data grid. I havent been using flex for long but i do like the summary panel option which makes the datagrid look more presentable.
          The summary pannel, is just a panel with a set of components such as text input, date field, labels etc, and each of them have their property set the current selected item in the datagrid. You can then add a button that on click calls a updateFunction in script. Here you can your original xmlList which contains the xml from the static file, set the element in that list which corresponds to the item you just updated with the updated values, then rewrite the xml back to the original file.

HTH

regards
          abhi
          • 2. Re: Editing XML Database then saving
            Level 7

"General1337" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:g8esvi$nrr$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            >I made a program which takes data from XML and stores it into columns on a
            > datagrid. However the XML document is a static document which is premade.
            > I
            > have been trying to look everywhere for a way to save the document AFTER
            > someone has edited it, this way it resaves over the XML document with new
            > data.
            > Any help would be great!

You'll need to use some sort of back end technology.