Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts and Files not syncing

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've just developed an issue with creative cloud and perhaps there is an underlying issue as well which is resolved earlier.

Basically, typekit fonts and files aren't syncing at all. The blue wheel just spins.

Strangely the option to turn off syncing is greyed out in the preferences menu as well....strange!

I've rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled, tried to locate the relevant plist file but couldnt.

Creative Cloud Files & Fonts won't load - always has spinning loader

Any clues??

Earlier today when trying to open any CC app I received an error (couldn't find a .dll file) and I had to uninstall and reinstall my apps.

Not sure if this is related.

Windows 10 laptop btw.

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

I have managed to resolve the issue

In order to do so, I had to uninstall ALL creative cloud apps using the Creative Cloud Cleaner

Then using revo uninstaller to remove all folders and traces of creative cloud. And then reinstall

Obviously, something went wrong with an update or reinstallation. Hopefully, this is a one-off or a bug that might have been fixed with a CC update that the program did when I reinstalled

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have managed to resolve the issue

In order to do so, I had to uninstall ALL creative cloud apps using the Creative Cloud Cleaner

Then using revo uninstaller to remove all folders and traces of creative cloud. And then reinstall

Obviously, something went wrong with an update or reinstallation. Hopefully, this is a one-off or a bug that might have been fixed with a CC update that the program did when I reinstalled

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is effing disgraceful. Are you serious with this Adobe?! This guy had to delete ALL his apps, remove all traces, then reinstall?!? WTF?!?! I have the same problem so we're both apparently unwilling beta testers for Adobe now. Awesome.

What. A. Joke.

Adobe, I have been a loyal defender of yours for a decade. But this last year has required multiple instances of me to either wipe your garbage updates completely off my machine, or roll back to previous versions, or piecemeal delete preference files just to get your bullshit to work. Each time accompanied by lost productivity and wonderful hours pissed away crawling your forums to find the other poor saps who have the same problem - because God forbid your staff chime in to offer actionable information besides "Here, install more shit so that you can run logs on your dime to fix a problem that you shouldn't have in the first place. Then send that shit to me and wait... wait... waaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiittttt... I SAID WAIT!!!! Oh, and welcome to Adobe's unpaid intern program, now go get me a coffee!" and then for good measure maybe you spit in our face and kick some sand on us.

Let me tell you how awesome it is to have files and functionality arbitrarily held hostage by your unpublished update schedule: it's not. But, credit where credit is due - you are definitely the winner of the Dismissive Wanking Gesture of the Day Award, so congrats. No wonder people have started to recommend finding cracked versions of your product, because they... you know... ACTUALLY WORK. 

Ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines