2 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2018 5:48 PM by Boley

Metadata message

Boley

I have seen this topic a number of times but I haven't seen a solution that has helped so I will present it again in the hope that someone one could solve it for me.

I have recently transferred all my images to a NAS but kept my LR catalog on my C drive. By the way I am using Windows 7 64 bit and LR Classic CC.

Since making this move I am getting the ! and Arrow up symbol on any image I start editing in LR or in PS through LR.  I click on the symbol and click Overwrite Settings and as soon as I start doing more editing the symbol appears again.  What I have noticed is that these symbols are appearing on all new files that I have loaded into LR since the NAS transfer and randomly on the other files.  Very strange indeed.

I have gone into Catalog settings and checked "Automatically write changes into XMP" as someone suggested.  When I look in the folder where the image files are kept I can't see any XMP files.

This is very annoying to say the least and although it doesn't affect my workflow it is something that I would like to address as soon as possible.  It's probably an easy fix as most things are and I hope that someone can help

thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Metadata message
          dj_paige Level 10

What I have noticed is that these symbols are appearing on all new files that I have loaded into LR since the NAS transfer and randomly on the other files.  Very strange indeed.

Your network is not behaving properly. There are many threads in this forum about similar problems where photos are stored on network drives. Please search for them.

• 2. Re: Metadata message
            Boley Level 1

Thanks dj,  however I have already searched and have not found anything addressing my problem, not that I could find anyway, perhaps you can point me in the right direction.  By the way I am using QNAP NAS, does anyone have experience with this system or could advise whether it is the NAS or something else.  I know little about NAS systems but it may be a setting that needs to be changed.