Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Go to the last visited action after resuming eLearning

New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I’m developing eLearning where I have 10 “main” pages from which user goes to “detail” pages. The user can go to each detail page from various main pages so I need to direct the user to the same main page from which he came from. I managed this by putting an action “Go to the last visited” on the button to go back on each detail page. This all works fine.
The problem is when student exits the eLearning (closes the explorer window) while he is on the detail page. When he resumes the eLearning he correctly gets to the same page where he left off but when he clicks the go back button he doesn’t get back to the main page but to the next page instead. And then he is stuck between those two detail pages because both of them has “go to the last visited” action on the back button.
I assume that the eLearning/LMS remembers the last visited page but not the one that precedes it. Is there a way how to store and then restore that information?

I’m using Captivate 9 and in quiz advanced settings I checked Send data on every slide, unchecked Never send resume data.
Would you have any idea about how to solve it please?

Thanks in advance,
Petra

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

The command 'Go to Last Visited Slide' is a dangerous command, not only in the situation you are describing, but it can get the learner often in a loop as well. Personally I try to avoid it when possible. There will be an alternative for sure if you think a little bit out of the box: have a master slide for the detail slides, where you put one shape button jumping to its main slide. Have as many of those master slides as you have main slides. That will certainly be much more foolproof if you lea

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The command 'Go to Last Visited Slide' is a dangerous command, not only in the situation you are describing, but it can get the learner often in a loop as well. Personally I try to avoid it when possible. There will be an alternative for sure if you think a little bit out of the box: have a master slide for the detail slides, where you put one shape button jumping to its main slide. Have as many of those master slides as you have main slides. That will certainly be much more foolproof if you leave bookmarking on as you are doing at this moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lilybiri, thank you for reply. In the end I really had to find another way to design the eLearning and I'll avoid the Go to Last Visited command for next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources